Lucas Battich is a multi-disciplinary artist, born in San Miguel de Tucumán, Argentina. He studied at Stevenson College Edinburgh, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, University of Dundee and the Piet Zwart Institute, Rotterdam.
Contact: lucas [dot] battich [at] gmail [dot] com
- Fuzzy Logic, V2_ Institute for the Unstable Media & Piet Zwart Institute, Rotterdam (NL). ↗
- Boundaries of the Archive - Research Lab, EYE Film Museum, Amsterdam (NL). ↗
- Silence d’Or: Ilmar Laaban and Experiments in Sound and Language, Sept 2015 - Jan 2016, Kumu Kunstimuuseum Art Museum of Estonia, Tallinn (EE). ↗
- Colourfield Studies, Nomas# Projects, Dundee (UK). Solo
- The Dark Barn, Aug 2015 - Aug 2016, Kladná Žilín, (CZ).
- 6 PM Your Local Time, All Together Now, Rotterdam (NL).
- An Encyclopedia of Media Objects, V2_ Institute for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam (NL).
- RSA New Contemporaries, Royal Scottish Academy, Edinburgh (UK). ↗
- DJCAD Degree Show, University of Dundee, Dundee (UK).
- Translations, GENERATORprojects, Dundee (UK). ↗
- Cut and Paste: Investigating the Materiality of Information, Cooper Gallery Project Space, Dundee (UK). ↗
- Conference Exhibition at IMPACT8 ‘Borders & Crossings’, International Printmaking Conference, University of Dundee (UK).
- Undesirable, Heathfield, University of Dundee, Dundee (UK).
- Relics of Attachment Part II, Cooper Gallery Project Space, Dundee (UK). ↗
- Fun A Day, Roseangle Gallery, Dundee (UK).
- Relics of Attachment Part I, Recess Display Cabinet, DJCAD, Dundee (UK). ↗
- 19-24 October 2015: Beyond the surface, Labor Neunzehn, Berlin (DE).
- July: I.D.S.T. (If Destroyed Still True), Summerhall, Edinburgh (UK).
- April: Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival, Hawick (UK). Part of Luminous Latitude Touring Programme.
- March: Glasgow Short Film Festival, Luminous Latitude: Artists Film Touring Programme, (UK).
- February – March: Digital Muddy Expanded Media Festival V1.0, Carbondale, Illinois (USA).
- November: Colour and Versions, Suburban PS, Rotterdam (NL).
- Cre no.17, "Predikaren / Ecclesiastes", 2015 (SE). ↗
- The E.G. #3, August 2013, GENERATORprinthouse, Dundee (UK). Front cover art. ↗
- Yuck n’ Yum, Spring issue 2013, Dundee (UK). ↗
- Roche Continents Award 2014, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Switzerland.
- Shortlisted artist, Chimera Art Award 2014, Budapest, Hungary.
- Myer & Jacci Lacome Prize 2014, University of Dundee, United Kingdom.
- Art, Philosophy & Contemporary Practices Prize 2014, University of Dundee, United Kingdom.
- Koren Dumbleton, DJCAD Degree Show: Review, This Is Central Station. ↗
- Art in Scotland TV, feature and interview on Cut and Paste: Investigating the Materiality of Information ↗
- Ashley Woodward, _Cut and Paste: Investigating the Materiality of Information_, Dundee University Review of the Arts, Dundee. ↗