PhD in Neurophilosophy
From October 2018
Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences, Munich Center of Neurosciences – Brain & Mind
Faculty of Philosophy, Philosophy of Science and the Study of Religion
Ludwig-Maximilian University Munich
Research Master in Philosophy
2016 - 2018
Radboud University Nijmegen
Specialization: Philosophy of Mind and Language
Cum Laude Distinction
Graduation date: 18 July 2018
Visiting Student, M.A. Philosophy
April - July 2017
University of Amsterdam
M.A. in Media Design & Communication
2014 - 2016
Piet Zwart Institute, Rotterdam Hogeschool
Graduation date: 17 June 2016
B.A. Joint Honours Degree in Philosophy & Art
2010 - 2014
University of Dundee
First Class Honours Distinction (Cum Laude Equivalent)
Graduation date: 19 June 2014
- “Are Non-Human Primates Gricean? Intentional Communication in Language Evolution”. Pulse: A Journal for History, Philosophy, & Sociology of Science. Issue 5 (2018), pp. 70-88. ↗
“The Nostalgic Impulse”. Supermarket Art Magazine 2018. Legacy: Who Will Survive And What Will Be Left Of Them. Issue 8 (2018). Stockholm: Stockholm Independent Art Fair. ↗
- “Turning Anger into Generosity. Martha Nussbaum on Anger and Forgiveness”. Radboud Reflects Review, (December 2016). ↗
08/2018 “Joint Attention and Common Knowledge: Assessing the Relational Approach” (peer-reviewed presentation). Open Minds XIII Conference, The University of Manchester. ↗
06/2018 “The Relational Approach to Joint Attention”. Research Master WiP Conference, Radboud University.
01/2018: “What Is Joint Attention and What Is It For?”. Center for Cognition, Culture and Language Colloquium, Radboud University.
09/2017: “Carnap's Deflationary Metaontology and the Internal-External Distinction” (peer-reviewed presentation). Salzburg Conference for Young Analytic Philosophy (SOPhiA) 2017. ↗
04/2017: “Ontological Pluralism Across Traditions”. Philosophy Research Master Forum, Radboud University.
- 07/2014: “Jorge Luis Borges and Artistic Collaboration” (invited presentation). Symposium: Studio Jamming: Artist’s Collaborations in Scotland. University of Dundee.
Awards, Scholarships and Grants
From 2018 Neurophilosophy Doctoral Scholarship, Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences, Munich Center of Neurosciences – Brain & Mind, LMU Munich.
2016 - 2018 Faculty of Philosophy Scholarships, Radboud University Nijmegen (2 x €10,000).
2017 Radboud Graduate School of Humanities Travel Grant (€330).
2014 Myer & Jacci Lacome Excellence Prize, University of Dundee (£1,000).
2014 Philosophy & Art Excellence Prize, University of Dundee (£250).
- 2014 Roche Continents Award “Youth, Art, Science”, F.H.-La Roche AG, Switzerland.
Extra-curricular Academic Activities
From 09/2017: Co-organizer of reading group “Philosophical Logic”. Radboud University.
From 09/2017: Courses in Cognitive Neuroscience (Research MA), and Artificial Intelligence (MA), Radboud University and Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour.
11/2017: “Moral Psychology” Seminar (4 ECTS). Led by dr. Mark Alfano. Dutch Research School of Philosophy (OZSW) and TU Delft.
10/2017: “The Cultural Evolution of Social Cognition” Workshop with Richard Menary. University of Amsterdam.
09/2017: “Statistics for Philosophers” PhD Seminar (3 ECTS). Led by prof. Pål Ulleberg. University of Oslo.
09/2017: Conference Session Chair. Salzburg Conference for Young Analytic Philosophy 2017.
05/2017: Self-knowledge Workshop with prof. Eric Schwitzgebel and prof. Quassim Cassam. Led by dr. Fleur Jongepier. Radboud University.
02/2017: Philosophy Research Master Winter School. Dutch Research School of Philosophy (OZSW) and University of Groningen.
12/2016: Modeling Minds II Workshop: Levels of Explanation. Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University.
12/2016: Epistemology Workshop “On David Hume’s ‘Scepticism with Regard to Reason’”. Led by prof. Jeanne Peijnenburg. University of Groningen.
10/2016: “Analytic-Bridge-Continental” Process Philosophy Workshop. University of Liverpool.
- 2013 – 2014: Art and Poetry Reviewer and Contributor. Dundee University Review of the Arts, Dundee.
- 02/2014 Co-Lecturer, “Theories of the Avant-Garde”. Lecture and seminar on aesthetics, given together with Dr. Cornelia Sollfrank, for graduate students in the M.F.A. Art, Society & Publics programme, University of Dundee.
Languages and Skills
- Spanish: Mothertongue
- English: Excellent
- Italian: Fluent
French: Intermediate reading; basic speaking and writing
- Dutch Research School of Philosophy (Nederlandse Onderzoekschool Wijsbegeerte – OZSW)